Torquay, United Kingdom
Life is challenging, full of frustrations and confusion as we continue our journey through life. Sometimes beyond our control, nonetheless, much of the time we manage with an innate ability to navigate most of life's ups and downs. Yet sometimes we get rocked, set off course by significant life events and traumatic experiences from the past or present, causing loss of direction, confidence, leading on to anxiety, overwhelm and depression.
If any of the above rings true with you, I would like to invite you to a 30-minute initial assessment session at £20, so we can meet and discuss what your needs are and whether we would be a good fit for working together. You can do this by taking a look at my availability and booking a session or messaging me to arrange a suitable time.
I am here to listen and support you through whatever you are struggling with at this time. I am a BACP accredited therapist with fourteen years' post qualification experience in practice with an integrated approach to therapy to best match your individual needs, one that provides compassionate understanding, does not preach or direct, respecting you for your unique experience of life.
As we sit and talk online together, you will find the time and head-space to reflect and explore your innermost thoughts and feelings, be encouraged to be curious about them and how they may be affecting you in your life and relationships. I will gently challenge any less than helpful thoughts, reactions and behaviours as they surface encouraging you to discover a greater awareness and understanding of yourself, bringing self-acceptance, so you can find a new way forward in your life, making any changes you choose to make to set you fair for a more positive and happier experience of life.
At the heart of my practice are the approaches to psychotherapy of Person-Centred therapy, Existentialism and Gestalt, however, it is important to me to continually extend my knowledge and understanding of what it is to be human by adding many more skills such as Mindfulness, ACT (Acceptance and Commitment Therapy) in the form of continuing professional development. This means that I have an integrated approach to best match your individual needs, one that provides compassionate understanding, does not preach or direct, respecting you for your unique way of being.
My specialties include such issues as: • Anxiety and depression • Bereavement and loss • Adults who have experienced childhood trauma or abuse either at home or in school • Feelings of low self esteem / self worth or confidence • Relationship issues either at home or at work
Professional Training and Qualifications:
• APT Accreditation, Level 2. 03/2021
• BACP Accredited Counsellor/Psychotherapist. 2012
• Foundation Degree in Counselling: humanistic approaches. Existential, Gestalt and Person-Centred. Guildford
College/Greenwich University. 2008
• Certificate in Counselling Skills. London Gestalt Centre. 2006
• One year Introductory course in Analytical Psychology (Jung). Guild of Analytical Psychology and Spirituality. 2005
• Private practice seeing clients face-to-face and online. 2009 – present
• Hampshire Education Authority counselling staff and parents. 2007-2010
• Winchester University Student Services. Associate counsellor 2007-2008
• Surrey & Borders Primary Care Mental Health Trust. Associate Counsellor 2008-2009
• Parent-Time non-profit counselling service for parents of school-age children. Founding member and counsellor. 2008-2010
• Surrey Drug Care. Telephone counsellor. 2007-2009
This information has not yet been submitted
No post just yet,keep an eye though... 👀