A warm hello to you. Are you looking for flexible, affordable online counselling in the comfort of your own home? If so, I offer a safe therapeutic virtual space so that together you and I can explore your unique thoughts, feelings and behaviour patterns, break free of your barriers and become the real you.
My approach is suitable if you feel lost and lonely, want to improve your confidence and sense of well-being and are on a quest of self-discovery. My approach will benefit you if you struggle with low self-esteem, anxiety, depression, loss, and grief.
I work with cultural sensitivity using a mixture of humanistic therapeutic modalities including Transactional Analysis, and Person Centered Therapy. I also like to invite clients to use art and creative methods to aid expression.
I am a culturally sensitive counsellor. I understand this to mean having heightened sensitivity to a client’s experience of oppression or discrimination due to their race and ethnicity, their gender, age, sexual orientation, religion/spirituality, socio-economic status and ability status. Please send me a message to ask any questions you might have about my familiarity with your specific culture, what you are looking for, as well as whether my way of working aligns with your own needs.
I have had two years’ experience of working as a volunteer counsellor for an online culturally sensitive counselling service for Black and Asian Minority Ethnic individuals and all individuals from disadvantaged backgrounds living in the UK.
Previously I have been a Support Worker for 25 years, working in charities in the third sector with vulnerable and marginalised client groups including:
· Children and adults with learning disabilities.
· Children and young people living in care.
· Vulnerable Young people (aged 16 to 25) at risk of homelessness living in supported accommodation projects and in local authority emergency accommodation.
Why therapy? Why now?
Life is hard. That’s a given fact. Humans need to feel a deep sense of trust and connection to another in order to recover from all that life throws at us. However, due to taboos around mental health it often takes a great deal of strength and bravery to reach out. If you are reading this, you are on the verge of doing something very important and potentially life changing for yourself. Trust your inner wisdom. It’s OK to ask for help. You don't have to struggle on your own anymore. Contact me so we can have a chat about what you are looking for and how we can work together.
· Click on the "BOOK" button to arrange a free 15-minute consultation for us to meet (via video call) and have a chat to find out if we are a good match to work together.
· If you would like to start your counselling journey with me, then you can book your free 50-minute initial assessment. This is when you tell me all the essentials about yourself, and what brings you to counselling. During this meeting we will discuss your financial situation and decide on which of my 3 sliding scale rates you qualify for. To qualify for my discounted rates I will need to see some evidence (3 months pay slips or bank statements) to ensure that the lower tiers are kept exclusively for those who need it.
I offer the following sliding scale to make counselling more affordable and easy-to-access:
Rate 1 (£15 per session):
Total household income* under £10,000 a year.
Rate 2 (£30 per session):
Total household income* between £10,001 - £24,999 a year.
Or students living independently.
Rate 3 (£45 per session):
Total household Income* £25,000 and over.
I ask that if your household income changes at any point during your therapy, please let me know.
*Total household income is the combined income of your household before tax, including money received in benefits.
This information has not yet been submitted
No post just yet,keep an eye though... 👀